Blog Ideas for Small Business Owners
As a small business owner, you need to understand the importance of a blog in today’s competitive environment. A great business blog doesn’t sell. Instead, it shows customers why they should do business with you and not your competitors. By providing fresh, relevant and interesting content to your readers, you give them a reason to keep coming back while increasing the likelihood of a future purchase.
In this post, I’ve laid out 35 small business post ideas to get your creative juices flowing. Most of these ideas also have examples of blog posts from other companies or entrepreneurs to give you some inspiration for your blog.
1) Create a beginner’s guide for newbies in your niche.
2) Blog about a day in your life (or a day in the life of your industry).
3) Tell your small business story and why you are doing what you are doing.
4) Put together a “dictionary of common terms” in your industry.
5) Blog about who you would love to meet and why.
6) Review a best-selling book in your niche.
7) Interview an expert in your industry and post the interview.
8) Write a tutorial or how-to article.
9) Make a 3-5 minute video or screencast and post it.
10) Compile a top ten list of important resources for your readers.
11) Illustrate how a current event relates back to your industry.
12) Ask your readers a question and answer it in a post.
13) Highlight a successful customer or client.
14) Examine a “hot issue” in your industry by debating the pros and cons.
15) Put together a contest for your readers. Offer a fun prize.
16) Assemble a list of the best blog posts you have read this week.
17) Take an old blog post and update it.
18) Find a popular topic in your industry and run a blog series about it.
19) Share statistics and current research in your industry.
20) Write a post that highlights the “best in your industry…”
21) Write a post about the “biggest mistakes in your industry…”
22) Put together a “tip list.”
23) Post a photo related to your industry and blog about it.
24) Write about the advantages/disadvantages about a particular product in your industry.
25) Feature causes and charities you support.
26) Relate your small business to a special event – Valentine’s Day, Christmas Day, etc.
27) Predict trends in your industry.
28) Blog about a small business mistake you made, what you learned from it and how your readers can avoid it.
29) Write about how your industry has changed in the last 5, 10, or 25 years.
30) Compile your best three blog posts of the year.
31) Write about what frustrates you about your industry.
32) Talk about what you love about your industry.
33) Provide a behind-the-scenes looks that shows pictures and anecdotes from your office or shop.
34) Share a personal story to inspire your readers.
35) Compile a list of the best tools or apps or software for business owners in your industry.
There you go! A list of 35 blog post ideas for your business blog. Now, create a publication calendar that lists specific posts you’re planning for the next month or two.
What are some blog topics you have read or written (or thought of just now)? Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!
I highly recommend you must read the eBook on what you need to have for starting a business in Tampa, I believe you’ll get a lot out of it. If you haven’t claimed yours, go and grab it now for free! See you inside – I can’t wait to start working with you! We’re better together!